Acorn Motor Group Consumer Terms
Nothing in these terms and conditions will reduce the consumer's statutory rights relating to faulty and misdescribed goods provided.
If you have any doubts about your statutory rights please contact your local Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau
1. Your contract with us
When you sign the form, you accept the terms and conditions set out over the page in this purchase agreement. Please read this agreement carefully and if there is anything you do not understand or may not agree with , ask any member of staff at the dealership where you placed the order.
Any accessories fitted or supplied by the seller will be covered by any warranty given by the manufacturers of thoses accessories.
- While we will make every effort to deliver the vehicle ordered by the estimated delivery date, we will not be liable for any claim for compensation of any description that may result from delay due to reasons beyond our control. If delay arises in this way, we will contact you to agree an alternative delivery date.
- If we fail to deliver the vehicle within 28 days of the estimated delivery date you may tell us in writing that you require delivery within 7 days from the date if receipt by us of the notice. If then the vehicle is not delivered to you within the 7 days this contract will be cancelled ad any deposit paid will be returned and neither party will have any further responsibility to the other.
Cancellation / Withdrawal
- If you fail to take and pay for the vehicle within 21 days of notification that the vehicle is ready for delivery, we will treat the contract as cancelled. In the event of cancellation, we will refund any deposit paid by you but we reserve the right to retain a proportion of the deposit against expenses to be incurred by us in finding another buyer for the vehicle.
In the event that you wish to withdraw for some other reason, we will be entitled to retain a proportion of your deposit until we have found another buyer for the vehicle.
We will display the vehicle for sale at our premises, we may also advertise it as being for sale and if not sold within a reasonable period we may arrange for it to be sold at auction. Following its sale, we will calculate our actual losses and the costs we have incurred in reselling the vehicle. An itemised account will be sent to you with any balance due within 7 days of the date the vehicle is resold. Copies of any receipts will be provided if you request them.
The vehicle will belong to us until the total purchase price has been paid in full. Any cheque will not be treated as payment until it has been cleared so time will have to be allowed for this.
5. New Vehicle
If the vehicle ordered is a new one, the following will apply:
- We undertake that the pre-delivery work specified by the manufacturer will be carried out and the vehicle will be sold with the benefit of the manufacturer's warranty
- If after the contract is entered into but before delivery of the vehicle to you, the manufacturer's recommended price is altered then we will give you notice of such alteration, and
- If the recommended price is increased you will be informed of the amount it is intended shall be paid by you. If you do not agree, you will have the right to cancel the contract within 14 days of receiving notice of the increase, and your deposit will be refunded in full. Should you fail to notify us that you do not accept the increase within the 14 days, the increased amount will be added to the final amount to be paid by you.
- If the manufacturers' recommended price is reduced, we will notify you of the reduced price you will be called to pay.
- If we are unable to deliver the model vehicle ordered because the manufacturer ceases making them whether before or after the estimated delivery date, we may cancel the contract and refund any deposit you have paid in full.
6. Part Exchange Vehicle
Where you wish to sell us a vehicle in part exchange and its value as agred with us is taken off the purchase price of the vehicle we agree to supply, the following conditions will apply:-
- That you own the vehicle to be taken in part exchange absolutely and can transfer ownership to us; or
- That if someone else has an interest in the part exchange you will settle that interest so that we become the absolute owners when we take delivery. If, however, you wish us to clear that interest for you by paying them a sum of money the allowance for the part exchange vehicle will be reduced by that amount.
- If we have examined the part exchange vehicle before entering into this agreement with you, the vehicle shall be delivered to us in the same condition but allowing for fair wear and tear which may have occurred in the meantime.
- The vehicle to be taken in part exchange shall be delivered to us no later than the date you take delivery of the vehicle you have ordered. Ownership of the vehicle ordered will be transferred to you and that of the part exchange to us when you take delivery of your order. If you do not deliver the part exchange vehicle at or by the time the vehicle you have ordered is ready for delivery you may not be able to take the vehicle you have ordered because you might be in breach of contract, and liable to us to pay compensation for any losses we suffer as a result.
- If you fail to satisfy any of these conditions we will not be obliged to accept your vehicle in part exchange or to make any allowance for it and you might as a result be required to pay the whole purchase price for the vehicle you have ordered before you can take delivery.
- In respect of a Part Exchanged vehicle, Acorn Group will not be responsible if parts have been installed into the Goods the use of which have not been approved by the manufacturer or if the Goods have been altered or modified in a manner not approved by the manufacturer unless such modifications have been declared and noted.
Any notice provided for in this contract must be in writing and be sent by first class post to the residence or place of business of the person to whom it is addressed. It will be assumed that such a notice has been received by the addressee not later than two days after posting
This agreement is subject to the relevant Unitted Kingdom law and the relevant courts of the United Kingdom will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this agreeement